Zucchini is such a lovely vegetable, though technically it is a fruit as it comes from a flower, which is edible by the way – if you have them in season just toss them right in at the end of cooking.Zucchini Noodles With Tomato Sauce.
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 25 min
Protein: 5 g / 13%
Carbs: 17 g / 43%
Fat: 8 g / 45%
- 2 to 3 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, shredded-not for vegetarians
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant and soft.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Simmer the sauce 12 to 15 minutes and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the tomato sauce and toss until well coated.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Serve the noodles with fresh basil and shredded parmesan on top.