Now that we are living in the land of zucchini plenty (our zucchini plant is well along in its mission of total garden domination) we have ample opportunity to try out zucchini recipes.Much like the banana bread, these zucchini muffins are insanely good and insanely easy to make!Zucchini Muffins.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 12-14 muffins
For those of you who prefer to use oil over butter, be my guest (use 1 cup vegetable oil instead of the butter) but I have to tell you, I’ve made these both ways, and the butter version tastes better.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup (280 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (packed) grated fresh zucchini
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 3/4 cups (400 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- A muffin tin
You don’t need a mixer for this recipe.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, then add zucchini and melted butter: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in the grated zucchini and the melted butter.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Combine to make batter: Stir these dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture. (Do not over-mix!) Stir in walnuts, raisins or cranberries if using.
- Fill muffin pan: Coat each muffin cup in your muffin pan with a little butter or vegetable oil spray. Use a spoon to distribute the muffin dough equally among the cups, filling the cups up completely, above the surface of the muffin tin.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F on the middle rack until muffins are golden brown, and the top of the muffins bounce back when you press on them, about 20-30 minutes. Test with a long toothpick or a thin bamboo skewer to make sure the center of the muffins are done.
- Set on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the tin let cool another 20 minutes.
Image Sours: Flickr