Alright guys and gals, let’s talk marshmallows. Sweet, soft, springy, fluffy pillows of deliciousness – homemade marshmallows are easy and so much better than store-bought. Vegan Homemade Marshmallows.
Prep: 30 m
Cook: 12 m
Ready In: 8 h
Servings: 24 servings
Calories: 128 cals
Per Serving: 128 calories; 0 g fat; 32.9 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 26 mg sodium
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Generously coat a 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and water.
- Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Remove from heat and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. To cut, loosen edges with a knife. Dust surface with confectioners’ sugar, and turn out onto a waxed paper lined surface. Dust with confectioners’ sugar again and cut with a knife.