This sugar free grown up version of a French Silk Pie could fool any carbaholic! The bonus is the farm fresh local strawberries I garnished it with! The silky chocolate filing with the sweet tartness of the strawberries is a wonderful combination. Tiny Chocolate Strawbeery Silk Pie.
Keyword chocolate, diabetic friendly, keto, low carb, no sugar added, strawberries
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Assemble your ingredients and appliances needed including a food processor and stand mixer. (A hand mixer will work in place of a stand mixer, but it is easier on you to use a stand mixer. However, a word of caution, the pie filing will not set up mixing it by hand.)
- 5 Tbsp Cold Butter Cubed Kerry Gold is recommended
- 1 1/4 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Oat Fiber
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Ice Cold Water
- 3 Tbsp Icing / Confectioners Powdered Sweetner Swerve or other brand of Erythritol
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Icing / Confectioners Powdered Sweetner
- 7-10 Drops Liquid Stevia or Liquid Sucralose
- 1/3 Cup Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips Lily’s Brand is recommended
- 2 Ounces Unsweetened Pure Bakers Chocolate
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- Gluten Free Strawberry Jam, Keto Whipped Cream for garnish
Gluten Free Strawberry Jam
- While working on the crust allow the butter and eggs to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk the egg white and water together in a separate bowl or glass.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and butter into the food processor. Pulse together into a large crumb state.
- Drizzle a little at a time of the egg white and water mixture into the food processor and pulse to bring it together into a thick dough.
- Spoon the crust mixture into your well greased Tart pans. 12 mini tart pans or one 9”-12” Tart Pan.
- Using a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper roll out crust to a thin but firm smooth texture using a pastry roller or pressing with your hands & fingers. As you can see, I need more practice at this!
- Bake in a preheated oven until crust has set up. Small tart (tartlets) usually bake 10-12 minutes. Large tarts will need to bake about 20 minutes, depending on the size of your pan, the thickness of your crust and the heat of your oven.
- After baking, allow the crust to cool before filling.
Chocolate French Silk Filing
- In a microwaveable safe container melt the Chocolate Chips and Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate together. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Cream butter and sweetener together with a mixer.
- Mix in the slightly cooled chocolate into the creamed butter mix.
- Mix in the vanilla into the chocolate butter mix.
- Whipping the mixture on high, add eggs, one at a time. Whipping each egg in for 2-4 minutes per egg each to increase volume texture of the filling. Scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- When the filling is complete, fill the tart crust, smoothing the top neatly.
- Garnish with gluten free strawberries jam, fresh strawberries and whipped cream, and serve cold.