If you’re a cookie lover like me, then it’s almost a guarantee that you’re going to be a fan of these keto thumbprint cookies! I mean seriously, what’s not to like?Thumbprint Cookies.
YIELDS 15 Servings
PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 hr 30 mins
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4 g 7%
Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g 5%
Protein 3.5 g 8%
- 3 oz (90 g) finely ground almond flour
- 1.75 oz (50 g) softened butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 oz (30 g) powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp sugar-free jam
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dough and knead it with your hands or a mixer with dough hooks until you get a smooth mass.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill in your fridge for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, make the sugar-free jam.(You can adapt the recipe and use other berries like raspberries by replacing the strawberries with whatever you would like to use.)
- Preheat your oven to 340°F/170°C once you get the dough out of the fridge.
- After one hour has passed, take out the dough and start to form small balls.
- You can use a cookie scoop to help you with this process.
- Press the balls down using the palm of your hand.
- The dough will crinkle a bit and that’s fine, but you may want to “repair” crinkles that are too big and would cause the dough to fall apart.
- Once you got your dough into a medallion shape, form the small holes for the jam.You can use your thumb or kitchen utensils like the backend of a wooden spoon to press small holes into the dough.Make sure to be gentle while you press because if you press too hard, your cookie may break apart and you might have to repeat the process.
- Fill the small holes with the sugar-free jam.I simply used a small teaspoon to do this.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 10 min.Keep an eye on the cookies because, in my experience, almond flour tends to burn faster than wheat flour.
- Wait until the cookies are completely cold before enjoying them with a hot cup of coffee or tea!