Low Carb Creme Brulee is by far one of my most favourite desserts, second best to keto cheesecake. This low carb dessert is an easy recipe to make good, and a hard recipe to perfect. Sugar Free Creme Brulee.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:40 mins
Total time:50 mins
Calories: 500, Fat: 51 g, Saturated Fat: 29 g, Cholesterol: 455 mg, Sodium: 58 mg, Potassium: 118 mg, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Protein: 6 g, Vitamin A: 42.8%, Vitamin C: 0.9%, Calcium: 11.2%, Iron: 4.1%
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 tbsp Swerve
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp Swerve to top the dessert
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare 4 ramekins and a pan large enough to fit all 4 of them.
- Place heavy cream and 1 tbsp of the sweetener in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks and 4 tbsp sweetener. Add vanilla. Whisk until the sweetener has been incorporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot cream to the egg yolk mixture and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture back to the pot with heavy cream. Whisk to combine.
- Divide mixture between 4 ramekins. Place ramekins in the baking dish. Pour about 2-3 cups hot water inside the baking dish so it covers about 1-inch of the ramekins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the tops are set, but still wiggly.
- Remove form the oven and let the creme brûlée cool to room temperature.
- Cover each ramekin and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of sweetener on top of each brûlée and using a kitchen torch melt until it caramelizes.