Hot & Cold
The alternating bath between warm and cold, for example in the sauna, ensures hardening. But beware: The sweat cure does not do anybody any good – certainly not when the nose is running.
The fact is: Regular sauna or hot-cold alternating showers help to harden the body against annoying viruses & Co. Why?
Cold and warmth stimulate both the nonspecific base defense of the body and the specific immune system, which consists of cells that recognize pathogens and then specifically produce antibodies against it.
Limitation: Such applications are only for healthy people with a stable circulation.
Because it has already caught one, the sharp change between warm and cold – especially in a sauna bath -, in addition, the already weakened body in stress. This can cause the cold to get worse.
Read Here What Else You Should Consider …
… With The Alternating
Shower : Always start with warm water, shower your whole body. Then start with cold water on the feet, raise the shower head up to the thighs. Then from the hands to the shoulders – so always to the heart! – and finally shower the whole body cold. Now change warm and cold several times, and always stop with cold.
… When You Are Having A Sauna:
- 1. Immediately after exercising you should make sure that the heart rate drops a bit (in any case below 100 beats / min)! It is also recommended to eat a snack after the sport (bar, banana, etc.), so that the stomach is not completely empty.
- 2. Drink enough before having a sauna , especially if you have done sports before! If possible, do not pick up any liquid between the sauna sessions – this will disrupt the purification process. Only then recharge properly water and / or juices!
- 3. Optimal are 2-3 saunas à 8-15 minutes, More courses do not increase the health effect. Beginners should complete a maximum of two courses of ten minutes each.Important:Rest between the sauna sessions for 10-15 minutes (preferably in a separate relaxation room). Pleasant and good for the blood vessels are also warm foot baths.
- 4. Lay flat in the sauna , so that your entire body is in a temperature zone! However, you should sit down about two minutes before the end of the sauna session so as not to overstrain the circulation when you get up.
- 5. Take a shower after each sauna session , freezing cold , from the arms and legs to the middle of the body! Then fresh air is good. As soon as you shiver, you should definitely go back to the warmth or wrap yourself up in a bathrobe (eg in a bathrobe)!