Tomato soup is a classic that never goes out of style. And, although tomatoes have a minimal amount of carbs, they are the only ingredient in this soup that contains anything worth mentioning. Rich And Creamy Tomato Soup.
Servings 3 servings
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Passive Time 15 minutes
- 300 grams Tomatoes
- 50 grams Onion
- 10 grams garlic
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- 100 ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- 50 grams Salted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice Mix
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Cheese for garnish
- Salt to Taste
- Heat the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan and once it has melted add in the onions with a pinch of salt.
- Cook the onions low and slow till they start to turn brown and caramelize.
- Add in the garlic and cook till it starts to brown and then add in the tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes of cooking add in the pepper, paprika and pumpkin spice. Also add in about 100 ml of chicken stock.
- If your stock has no salt then add salt as well.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes till the tomatoes are completely soft. Keep opening the lid every 2-3 minutes and stirring to ensure nothing sticks.
- Once it’s cooked and tender let it cool. Then blend the mixture in a food processor or using an immersion blender. Add more stock if needed to make it easier to blend.
- Strain the mixture to get a silky smooth soup. Add more stock if the soup is too thick.
- Add heavy whipping cream to the soup and warm it up.
- Finish with fresh pepper, a bit of cheese and fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!!