Everyone will love this homemade sugar-free ketchup recipe! If you want to reduce sugar, or are looking for keto low carb ketchup, this is for you. Just a few minutes prep with simple ingredients, and it tastes just like the regular kind! Red Ripe Tomatoes Ketchup.
Hands-on 10 minutes Overall 15 minutes
Makes 1 medium jar/ 2 cups)
Nutritional values (per serving/ 1 tbsp/ 15 g/ 0.5 oz)
Total Carbs 1.1 grams
Fiber 0.23 grams
Net Carbs 0.84 grams
Protein 0.18 grams
Fat 0.03 grams
of which Saturated 0 grams
Calories 4.8 k cal
Potassium & Magnesium trace
Macro nutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (77%), protein (17%), fat (6%)
- 1 cup tomato purée (240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or white / red wine vinegar, or try my home-made fruit vinegar (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 small onion (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup Powdered erythritol (or powdered monk fruit)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water or more if too thick (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- Peel and cut the onion and garlic in smaller pieces. Have all the other ingredients on hand ready to be used. You can use any vinegar you like such as apple cider or white / red wine vinegar or even try making your own fruit vinegar. I used cherry vinegar in this recipe.
- Place everything in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Add a bit more water if too thick.
- Place everything in a blender or use an immersion blender and pulse until smooth.
Done! Pour in a glass jar and keep in the fridge up to a month.