This Low Carb Strawberry Jam is sugar free and can be made sweetener free (although you can add a keto sweetener if you like) and it’s super simple to make. Quick Strawberry Jam.
Start to Finish: 20 minutes (chilling time: 1 hour)
Nutritional Information (Per 1 tablespoon serving):
Protein: 1 g
Carbs: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Sugar Alcohol:1 g
Net Carbs: 0 g
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated: 0 g
Monounsaturated: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 0 mg
Potassium: 16 mg
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 10%
- 1 cup chopped fresh organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- 3-4 teaspoons birch xylitol (use more or less depending on the sweetness of your berries)
- 1 tablespoon Collagelatin or 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place chopped strawberries, lemon juice and xylitol (start with the smaller quantity and add more later if needed) in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing the strawberries with a potato masher or fork once they have started to soften.
- Taste for sweetness, and add more xylitol if needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the gelatin and water then pour immediately into the strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat-safe container such as a mason jar (the half-pint size, wide-mouth jars work well for this).
- Allow to cool, then cover with lid and refrigerate until jelly-like, approximately 1 hour.