Don’t worry this is not a difficult recipe. It is actually a super easy 4 ingredients coconut flour pizza crust. allergy friendly, 100% Low carb + vegan + Paleo + Keto. No Cheese No Eggs Pizza Crust.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Resting time 10 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Serving: 1 pizza crust (no toppings) | Calories: 86 k cal | Carbohydrates: 10.3 g | Protein: 3 g | Fat: 3.8 g | Fiber: 6.3 g | Sugar: 3 g
Amount Per Serving- one slice
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.8 g 6%
Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g 3%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g 25%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 3 g 6%
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon ground psyllium husk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water – not boiling, think bath temperature
- Preheat oven to 220 C (430 F).
Making the coconut flour pizza dough
- In a large mixing bowl add the coconut flour, psyllium husk, salt, olive oil and lukewarm water.
- Combine with a spatula or wooden spoon first then use your hand and knead the dough for 1 minute. The batter will be very moist at first and dry out as you go and that is what you want. Gather the pieces of dough and form a ball.
- Set aside in the mixing bowl, at room temperature, for 10 minutes. It will give time to the fiber in the flour and psyllium husk to absorb the extra moisture.
Rolling the dough
- The dough ball is now firm, elastic and ready to roll.
- Slightly oil a sheet of parchment paper with olive oil (this will avoid the pizza base to stick to the paper while baking).
- Place the dough ball in the center of this sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the ball, press with your hand to flatten the ball and start rolling with your rolling pin until it reach the thickness you like. The thinner the crispier the pizza will be !
- Remember, it is crucial to roll the dough between parchment paper sheets or the dough will stick to your rolling pin.
- Peel off the top parchment paper sheet. Use a knife to cut out a nice pizza circle or keep the shape as you like.
- If you cut yours into a circle, reuse the dough from the border to roll another pizza base.
Prebake the coconut flour pizza crust
- Your pizza base is now ready to be pre-bake (keep your pizza crust on the parchment paper to bake!). Pull the parchment paper sheet with the pizza base on it, onto a baking sheet and pre-bake the crust for 12-15 minutes.