Throw together a deliciously spiced and super healthy dish in no time flat. This recipe is great as a side dish or vegetarian meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 472 k cal
- This recipe calls for instant couscous. Instant couscous is cooked by covering it with water and leaving it to sit for 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper optional, to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas drained
- 6 peppers chopped, mild or hot
- 1½ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- A good handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup instant couscous
- In a medium-size skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
Add red onion, yellow pepper, and carrot sauté 10-15 minutes or until all the vegetables are your desired tenderness
- Add the garlic, sauté another minute.
- Mix in the salt & pepper, paprika, ground coriander, turmeric, celery salt, cumin ground cinnamon, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir-fry until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add the frozen peas and cook briefly. Stir in the piquante peppers and chickpeas. Followed by the stock.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir in the couscous. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff and serve.