If you are a fan of Mexican cuisine, you’d love this keto chicken taquito.Taquito is a very common Mexican food, which consists of a small rolled-up tortilla with a variety of fillings. This is mainly beef, cheese or chicken.Low Carb Chicken Taquito.
Course Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine Ketogenic, Low Carb, Mexican
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Nutritional information is for one taquito.
Yield: 6, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103, Total Carbohydrates: 1 g, Fiber: 0, Net Carbohydrates: 1 g, Total Fat: 5 g, Protein: 13 g
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 c. shredded chicken
- 1/3 c. red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until slightly soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic and spices and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken and enchilada sauce, then bring mixture to a simmer. Stir in cilantro, season with salt, and remove from heat.
- Make taquito shells: In a medium bowl, mix together cheeses. Divide mixture into 6 piles on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden around the edges. Let cool 2 to 4 minutes, then add a small pile of chicken and roll tightly. Repeat until all taquitos are made.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream, for dipping.