This clean and simple low carb cauliflower puree is made by simmering and then pureeing cauliflower and aromatics in a liquid, like cream or chicken stock.Low Carb Cauliflower Puree.
Equipment Blender (optional)
Timing 30 min
Yield 4 servings
- 500 g Cauliflower, about 1 medium head
- 100 g Water
- 85 g Butter
- 3.5 g Salt
- Lemon juice, from about 1 lemon, as needed
- 500 g Cauliflower. Chop it up roughly into thin slices that are about a tenth of an inch (2–3 mm) thick.
- Place cauliflower, water, butter, and salt in a saucepan and cover with lid.
- Begin heating on high to start steaming quickly, then reduce heat to medium and continue steaming until cauliflower is tender and there is little water left in the pot.
- Be sure to check on your cauli every few minutes to prevent scorching.
- Add cauliflower to a blender. Begin blending.
- Add lemon juice and continue blending. To ensure your purée winds up just the way you like it, add a little bit of lemon juice at a time, blend, and taste. Repeat until you’re satisfied.
- Use a spoon to distribute this smooth criminal around each plate, top with a crunchy salad and perfectly cooked piece of fish, chicken, or meat, and serve.