This dish I made inspired by traditional cuisine from the land of my ancestors.I’m gonna get you to enjoy this exotic meal.Low Carb Bosnian Peanut Beef Stew.
• Size: About 1 1/2 Cup
• Calories: 341
• Fat: 23 g
• Saturated Fat: 4 g
• Carb: 15 g
• Fiber: 5 g
• Protein: 22 g
• Sugar: 5 g
• Sodium: 133 mg
Nutritional Claims: Low Carb, Low Sodium, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Crustacean Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sesame Free, Lupine Free, Mollusk Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added, Kosher
- 1 Medium White Onion, Chopped
- 3″ Fresh Ginger Root, Minced (Or 1 Tsp. Ground Ginger.)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 Tsp. Cayenne
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Lb. Beef, Cubed
- 2 C. Unsalted Beef Stock
- 1 (14 Oz.) Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Sweet Potato, Cubed
- 2 C. Greens (Like spinach or arugula.)
- 1 C. Unsalted Peanuts, Roughly Chopped
- Lightly coat the inside of a large stockpot with non-stick cooking spray and saute the 1 Medium White Onion on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until it’s starting to turn translucent and tender.
- Add the 3″ Fresh Ginger Root, 2 Garlic Cloves, 1 Tbsp. Ground Coriander, 1 Tsp. Cayenneand 1 Bay Leaf; stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the 1 Lb. Beef into the pot and stir to coat with the spices and onion. Cook until the beef is ‘sealed’ and cooked on the outside.
- Stir in 2 C. Unsalted Beef Stock, 1 (14 Oz.) Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes, 1/2 C. Creamy Peanut Butter, and 1 Sweet Potato.
- Bring it all to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes; stirring on occasion.
- Once the 30 minutes is done, add in the 2 C. Greens and 1 C. Unsalted Peanuts, allowing it to cook down for another 2-3 minutes with the top removed.
- When it’s done, divide evenly among bowls and serve right away to enjoy!