For those of you unaccustomed to using coconut flour, and the large amount of eggs that are required – please, please, please taste before baking. The trick to avoiding an egg or subtle coconut flavour, is to use lots of flavourings.Low Carb Blueberry Cupcakes.
Cuisine Gluten Free, Grain free, Keto, LCHF, Low Carb, No Sugars, Wheat Free
Keyword Coconut flour cupcake
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 26 minutes
Calories 138 k cal
Amount Per Serving
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11.4 g 18%
Potassium 90 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 4.6 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g 7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 4.4 g
Nutrition is shown for 1 cupcake. Icing/frosting is additional and optional.
- 110 g butter melted
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more to taste
- 50 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 8 eggs – medium
- 120 g fresh blueberries
- Mix the melted butter, sweetener, coconut flour, baking powder, vanilla, lemon juice and zest together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Taste the cupcake batter to ensure you have used enough sweetener and flavours to mask the subtle taste of coconut from the coconut flour.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases.
- Press in a few fresh blueberries in the batter of each cupcake.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes, or until golden on the outside, and cooked in the centre. Ovens will vary so test as the cupcakes are baking.
- Cover with sugar-free ream cheese frosting. Vanilla or lemon flavour is perfect. Garnish with fresh blueberries and lemon zest.