These lemon cupcakes are like summer in your mouth! Bursting with fresh and tangy lemon flavor, these eye-catching treats are topped with elegant swirls of sweet raspberry cream cheese frosting.Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting.
For the frosting, I recommend using frozen raspberries opposed to fresh raspberries. As frozen raspberries defrost, they soften and bleed which allows the raspberries’ flavor to be easily incorporated into the frosting.
This makes a total of 12 servings of Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting. Each serving comes out to be 336.67 Calories, 30.51 g Fat, 5.76 g Net Carbs, 8.91 g Protein.
For the Lemon Cupcakes
- 2 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ cup granulated Swerve
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
For the Raspberry Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- ¾ cup unsweetened frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, sweetener, and zest until combined.
- Whisk melted butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should form into coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and stir until incorporated. The batter will begin to stick together.
- Add almond milk, vanilla, and lemon extract and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Carefully fill the prepared cupcake papers until they are about ¾ full—about 2 heaping tablespoons for each cupcake.
- Place cupcakes in preheated oven and bake for 29-32 minutes or until the cupcake bounces back when pressed.
- Let cupcakes cool on a rack until they reach room temperature before frosting.
- In a large bowl, whip together cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer.
- Blend in sweetener and frozen raspberries until combined.
- Add whipping cream, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Using a piping bag, frost cupcakes as desired.