This super-easy, keto dish works for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is sure to be a new fave. So get out your frying pan… Greek, here we come! Leek And Tomato Omelets.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 12 min
Protein: 17 g / 26%
Carbs: 3 g / 5%
Fat: 20 g / 69%
- 8 eggs
- 1 leek, sliced
- gluten free tomato sauce
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- Fresh chives, minced
- Fresh parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the leek and cook until soft, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in egg mixture and add the cooked bacon pieces.
- As eggs set around the edge of skillet, gently push cooked portions toward the center of skillet. Tilt and rotate skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow into empty spaces.
- Carefully flip the omelet over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes are until eggs are fully cooked.
- Coat with warm tomato sauce
- Let rest 4 to 5 minutes and serve topped with fresh parsley.