If you love tiramisu as much as we do, then this (super easy and speedy!) gluten free and keto tiramisu is most definitely for you. No need to feel deprived while on a keto diet with a delicious recipe like this. Keto Tiramisu Cake.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Additional time: 7 hours
Total time: 8 hours 10 minutes
YIELD: 16 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 435 TOTAL FAT: 43 g SATURATED FAT: 23 g CHOLESTEROL: 329 mg SODIUM: 6.5 mg CARBOHYDRATES: 6.5 g FIBER: 1 g SUGAR: 4 g PROTEIN: 14.5 g
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups of Swerve sugar substitute or other sugar substitute of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of sugar substitute I use Swerve
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 9 ounces of mascarpone cheese or a combination of 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of espresso coffee or strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons of dark rum or 1 teaspoon of rum extract
Cocoa topping & bottom layer
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to sprinkle on the bottom and top layers of each tiramisu
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large stand-up mixer bowl beat on high the butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Lastly, add all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spread the batter to a large jelly roll pan that has been lined in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool fully and then slice into 1 X 3 inch slices to mimic the ladyfingers.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar substitute, until thick and turns lemon colored.
- Place the small bowl with the egg mixture in a double boiler over water that is gently boiling.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook the egg mixture for 9-10 minutes making sure to mix constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mascarpone cheese or the cream cheese sour cream mixture to the egg mixture
- In a medium size bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the whipped cream.
- Set aside.
- This makes two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans of tiramisu
- Divide the sliced cake in half in order to make the two tiramisu. This is about 15 pieces per loaf
- Combine the espresso and rum and set aside
- Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter to bottom of both 9 X5 inch loaf pans
- Place a layer of the cake into each loaf pan.
- Coat the first layer of cake with the coffee and rum mixture using a pastry brush.
- Spread 1/4 of the custard over the layer of cake
- Repeat the layers of cake and custard ending with the custard.
- Top with a generous coating of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight