This Keto-Friendly Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate Recipe makes creamy, rich hot chocolate with ingredients you probably already have on hand. This quick and easy hot chocolate can be part of a low-carb, keto, diabetic, gluten-free, grain-free, Atkins or Banting diet. There is even a dairy-free option! Hot Chocolate.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 173 k cal
Serving size: 6.7 ounces
Net Carbs (g): 2
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated stevia/erythritol blend (Pyure)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (coconut milk from a can for dairy-free)
- 2 cups unsweetened original flavor almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together cocoa powder and the granulated stevia/erythritol blend in a medium saucepan. Try to break up any cocoa lumps.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream or the coconut milk a tablespoon at a time to create a thick liquid.
- Slowly stream in the almond milk into the mixture, while whisking. Heat mixture over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until hot. Do not allow mixture to boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into cups, garnish if desired (I used whipped cream), and serve.