Homemade walnut butter can be made with cheaper food processors but you should take your time and pulse blend so as not to burn out the motor. It is well worth spending a little extra cash on good quality appliances. Having control over your ingredients is an important part of the Keto Diet. Homemade Walnut Butter.
Course: Condiments, Snacks
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 40 10 g serves
Calories: 64 k cal
- 14 ounces Raw Walnuts
- 1 pinch Salt
- Place walnuts and salt into your food processor and blend on medium to high speed until the walnuts breakdown.
- It can take 15 to 20 minutes of blending for the walnuts to release their oils and turn into a smooth butter.
- Ensure you stop your food processor if it begins to heat up, to avoid burning out the motor.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use your walnut butter to coat my banana walnut bread.
Serving: 1 tbsp | Calories: 64 k cal | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Protein: 1 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 1 mg | Potassium: 43 mg | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 0 g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 1.6%