My homemade snickers bars and these low carb homemade snickers cups are definitely better for you than store-bought, both in terms of taste and nutritional profile. Homemade Snickers Cupcakes.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 9 cupcakes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons full fat canned coconut milk and
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tbsp caramel sauce-optional
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve confectioners or equivalent powdered sweetener*
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake pan with 9 liners.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the melted butter, coconut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Place the batter into cupcake liners 3/4 of the way up.
- Press with your finger and pour the caramel in the batter of each cupcake-optional
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the softened butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sweetener until well mixed in.
- Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat to fluffy, 3 minutes.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.