Healthy snacks for a Keto lifestyle? When you are new to the idea of clean eating, snacks can seem like a thing of the past, yet you still long for something salty, with an air of crispiness and a hint of spice. Homemade Kale Chips.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
Protein: 1 g / 5%
Carbs: 2 g / 11%
Fat: 7 g / 84%
- 1 bunch kale leaves
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a bowl combine the spices: paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to taste.
- Cut the stems off of the kale leaves and cut the leaves to obtain “chips” of similar size.
- Place the kale in a bowl and toss with melted coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the paprika mixture over the kale and toss again until everything is well coated.
- Place the kale in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, turning after 10 to 12 minutes of cooking.
- Serve once the kale is crispy.