An easy way to make homemade stevia sweetened chocolate chips. These low carb chocolate chunks are perfect for using in keto desserts. Homemade Chocolate Chips.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Set Time 1 hour
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 8 people
Calories 124 k cal
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 ounce cocoa butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- Drizzle a little water in a jellyroll pan then line with plastic wrap. Or, just line the pan with parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate, cocoa butter, powdered sweetener, and stevia extract powder in a double boiler or chocolate melter.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until all the chocolate and cocoa butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Mix in vanilla extract after removing from heat. Pour melted chocolate into prepared pan. NOTE: a chocolate chip mold can be used instead for the classic chip shape.
- Let cool at room temperature. Once set, if using plastic wrap, carefully lift plastic and place over a towel to remove any water. If parchment paper was used, just lift off pan. Drop chocolate onto a cutting board and cut into chunks using a sharp knife.
- Store in covered container. Can also be stored in refrigerator or freezer, if desired.
Makes a little over 1 cup
Be sure that the cocoa butter you are using is food grade. The label should clearly state that it’s meant for consumption.
The chocolate can be placed in the refrigerator or freezer to harden quickly.
Use a single motion to press down into the chocolate with a sharp knife so it cuts neatly into the chocolate.
If you don’t like chocolate chunks and prefer standard chip shapes, use a chocolate chip silicone mold.