Guacamole Low Carb Salad is a great way to include avocados into your diet. Avocados are not only high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and fibre but they are exceptionally high in potassium which is an important electrolyte that will help you beat keto-flu. Guacamole Low Carb Salad.
Prep: 10 minutes Overall: 10 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving)
(makes 4 servings)
181 k cal
Calories from carbs 13%, protein 7%, fat 80%
Total carbs 13.2 grams Fiber 7.8 grams Sugars 2.6 grams Saturated fat 2.1 grams Sodium 300 mg(13% RDA) Magnesium 34 mg(9% RDA) Potassium 691 mg(35% E M R)
- 2 large ripe avocados (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- 1 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 small white onion, chopped (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-4 tbsp fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 small red chile pepper
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Halve, deseed and finely chop the chili pepper and dice the tomatoes.
- Halve and peel the avocados. Remove the seed and place the flesh from one avocado into a bowl. Mash it well using a fork.
- Dice the other avocado into 1/2-inch pieces and keep aside.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic, diced tomatoes and finely chopped chili pepper. Mix well using a fork.
- Add the remaining diced avocado, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well (do not mash).
- Enjoy on top of crispy bacon slices or with Grain-free Tortilla Chips or keto crackers.
- To store, cover with a cling film, or transfer into a jar and seal.
- Store sealed in the fridge for up to 3 days.