My inspiration comes from my favorite Christmas cookies, the Pecan Tassie, and I have a low-carb version. My love for pecans led to this very easy cookie bar that works for any low carb or keto diet and is diabetic friendly.Grain Free Maple Pecan Cheesecake.
Prep time:20 mins
Cook time:20 mins
Total time:40 mins
Almond Tart Crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- ⅓ cup Swerve Confectioner’s sugar (can use their granulated)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (newly added and optional)
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioner’s sugar or granulated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup pecans plus two tablespoons for garnish
Almond Tart Crust Instructions
- Melt butter and mix with almond flour, vanilla and swerve.
- Mix in egg yolk.
- Put in tart pan, by pressing in with fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese with sour cream, vanilla, maple extract, egg. Start with ½ teaspoon extract and taste.
- Chop pecans .Mix with a little sea salt.
- Put pecans in first (although you can reverse this is you want)
- Pour cheesecake mixture.
- Top with two tablespoons chopped pecans for garnish.
- To avoid the tart crust from burning, cover entire tart pan with tin foil. Use a pairing knife to cut out the middle tart part so that only the tart crust is covered.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until cream cheese mixture is set.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least six hour, preferably overnight.
Cut into 16 squares.