High in potassium, vitamins (such as vitamin A) and essential minerals zucchini is an excellent addition to low-carb, ketogenic diets even if it’s just for their healthy nutrient content.Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters.
Course: Breakfast, Dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 serves
Calories: 155 k cal
Serving: 1 fritter | Calories: 155 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 8 g | Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 64 mg | Sodium: 259 mg | Potassium: 203 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 6.4% | Vitamin C: 14.2% | Calcium: 19.6% | Iron: 4.4%
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 oz parmesan grated
- 1 oz almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grate the zucchini into a brand new dish cloth, or muslin cloth, and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the drained zucchini, parmesan, almond meal, eggs, salt and pepper together in a bowl and allow to sit for a couple of minutes. This lets the almond meal soak up some liquid and prevents the fritter from tasting dry and grainy.
- Pour oil into a frying pan over medium heat and scoop heaped tablespoons of the fritter mix into the hot oil, pushing them gently into a flattened, round shape. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to cook these in a couple of batches.
- After 2-3 minutes gently flip the fritters over, remembering to flip them away from you to prevent the oil splashing.
- The fritters will be cooked through after another 2-3 minutes, remove from the pan and enjoy.