Buttery and totally irresistible: Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies taste just like traditional sugar cookies, only without the carb load. You do need to be careful not to eat too many as they do still have some carbs from the coconut flour and sprinkles. Cream Cheese Butter Sprinkles Cookies.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 27 cookies
Calories 67 k cal
Low Carb Cream Cheese Sprinkles Cookies
Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)
Calories 67 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g 9%
Saturated Fat 2 g 10%
Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
Sodium 30 mg 1%
Potassium 3 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%
Protein 1 g 2%
- 1 cup almond flour about 107 g
- third of cup coconut flour about 33 g
- 1/3 cup low carb sweetener- I used Stevia or Monkfruit Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated lard or ghee (butter may work too)
- 1 large egg or gelatin egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered low carb sweetener
- water as needed
- Beat all ingredients together or pulse together in a food processor until dough forms. If dough is a little sticky, it’s best to sprinkle in some coconut flour on the outer surfaces when rolling.
- Roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to desired thickness (between 1/8 and 1/4 inch). Thinner cookies bake quicker and tend to be more crisp. Sprinkle a little extra coconut flour (or almond flour/sunflower seed flour) on to dough as needed. Dough can also be rolled into a log and frozen for 20-30 minutes and then sliced into circles for easy “slice and bake” cookies.
- Cut into shapes and place on parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let cool on rack for about 5-10 minutes then transfer cookies to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Pour the powdered sweetener in a small bowl. Add enough water to make a thin glaze.
- Optional-Divide and add coloring as desired (I go for natural food coloring).
- Brush glaze onto cookies in thin layer and allow to dry.
Optional-Sugar Free Rainbow Sprikles