Keto pie crust is the perfect base for any type of baked goods, lemon tarts, pecan pie, blueberry pie, pumpkin pie, Mock Apple pie, cheesecakes or keto dessert.Gluten Free Pie Crust.
Cook Time 30 Mins
Passive Time 60 Mins
Prep Time 20 Mins
This Recipe Makes 12 Slices
Keto Pie Crust
Amount Per Serving (28 g)
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12.5 g 19%
Total Carbohydrates 1.5 g 1%
Protein 3 g 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutritional Information Is Per Serving
(1/12th Total Recipe)
- 200 g Almond Flour (7 oz)
- 60 g Coconut Flour (2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 180 g Butter (Must Be Cold) (6.3 oz)
- In a large glass bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt together until each of the ingredients are indistinguishable.
- This process has to be done quickly, otherwise, it will not work! – Cut the cold butter up into small chunks, and add it to the dry ingredients. Press the butter into the dry ingredients by using two forks. This can also be done in a food processor by pulsing the chunks of butter and dry ingredients for 20 – 30 seconds on high.
- Wrap the mixture tightly in cling wrap and store in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. (2 hours is best)
- Once you’re ready to bake, roll the pie pastry between two pieces of parchment paper, ensuring the pastry goes past the edges of your pie tin by around 5 cm (2 inches).
- Remove the top sheet of partchment paper, place your pie dish upside down on top of the pastry, and flip them both up the right way again, so that the pie pastry now sits inside the pie tin.
- Before you blind bake the pastry for 15 mins at 200C (390), cover the edges with foil so the edges don’t burn, and poke holes in the bottom as to make sure the base doesn’t fill with air.