Low carb meatballs is a very simple recipe to make, using ground pork, chicken or turkey, almond flour, gluten free soy sauce, chopped peanuts. Gluten Free Peanut Meatballs.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 356 k cal
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 356 calories, 26 g fat, 3.5 g net carbs, 27 g protein
Peanut Meatballs – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Amount Per Serving (2 meatballs)
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g 40%
Total Carbohydrates 3.5 g 1%
Protein 27 g 54%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb ground pork, chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped peanuts or cashews
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp light olive or coconut oil for frying
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp light olive or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (Swerve works well)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp roughly chopped peanuts or cashews
- 1 scallion sliced
- For the Meatballs:
- Combine the ground pork, almond flour, egg, garlic powder, ginger, gluten free soy sauce, red pepper flakes, scallions, peanuts, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and form into 16 meatballs.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp oil in a nonstick pan and fry the meatballs about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
For the Sauce:
- Wipe out the nonstick pan you cooked the meatballs in and heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about one minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat and add the water, gluten free soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, xanthan gum, and red pepper flakes and whisk until xanthan gum is dissolved.
- Taste and adjust to your preference with salt, sweetener, or more red pepper flakes as desired.
- Add the peanuts, scallions, and meatballs back to the pan.
- Toss to coat and cook for about 2 minutes. If the mixture becomes too thick, you can add another tablespoon of water.
- Serve hot.