A quick note on yield – most of my keto salad recipes are written for 1-2 servings, because this is often how I prepare them for myself, but you can absolutely scale up to feed a group. Gluten Free Pea Bacon Salad.
Yield – 1 serving
30 grams fat
6 grams carbohydrate
2.3 grams dietary fiber
18 grams protein
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 slices bacon, sliced into small strips
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh mint leaves
- scant 1/4 tsp grated white onion
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp champagne vinegar (any white vinegar will do the job)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hard boil egg, allow to cool. Cut into four quarters. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp, slice into thin, short strips and set aside.
- Boil a small pot of water. While water is boiling, also set up a small bowl of ice water.
- Wash peas, drop in pan of boiling water for 5-10 mins. Drain the peas from the boiling water and immediately drop the peas into the ice water bath to blanch. Remove from ice water after a minute.
- Place peas in bowl. Add mint leaves, onion and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, add mustard, lemon juice and vinegar. Whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the bacon pea salad. Top with cheese and quartered hard boiled egg. Add sour creme salt and pepper to finish.