Soup, glorious soup. It’s such an easy way to start a multi-course meal or, paired with a side salad and sprouted bread, a simple lunch or dinner. And there’s no better — or easier — soup than this keto onion soup recipe.Gluten Free Onion Soup.
TOTAL TIME 45–60 minutes
MEAL TYPE Gluten-Free, Main Dishes, Side Dishes & Soups, Soups & Slow Cooker, Vegetarian
DIET TYPE Gluten-Free, Ketogenic, Low-Carb, Vegetarian
Onion Soup Nutrition Facts
So, how good for you is this onion soup? Check out the nutrition facts for one serving: (4)
16.75 grams protein
11.57 grams fat
9.27 grams carbohydrates
1.5 grams fiber
542 milligrams sodium (36 percent D V)
27 micro grams vitamin B 12 (27 percent D V)
0.248 mg milligrams B 6 (19 percent D V)
308 I Us vitamin A (13 percent D V)
7 milligrams vitamin C (9 percent D V)
0.154 milligrams manganese (9 percent D V)
- 4 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Goat cheese, for topping (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a stock pot over medium heat, melt ghee and thinly sliced onions.
- Cook onions until lightly caramelized.
- Add bone broth and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 30–50 minutes (the longer, the more flavor).