A sugar free method to making lemon drop cookies. There are also alternatives for making this low carb or gluten free as well.Gluten Free Lemon Drop Cookies.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 12 mins
Total Time 22 mins
- Flour- 1 1/4 cups AP or an alternative mentioned above.
- Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon.
- Crushed sugar free lemon drops- 1/3 cup
- Lemon Zest- 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Butter- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons softened at room temperature.
- Sugar alternative- equivalent to 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Cream heavy,sour, or an alternative such as Greek Yogurt- 2 tablespoons.
- Preheat your oven to 325 and prep your pan for nonstick. This is one case where I strongly recommend using parchment paper as melted candy can sometimes get a bit messy.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, crushed lemon drops and lemon zest. Set this bowl aside.
- In a mixing bowl, creme together the butter and sugar alternative. Then add the egg and the creme to the bowl use a paddle attachment (if you are not using one as of yet) to continue mixing until all is mixed together..
- Gradually add the ingredients from the bowl that you had set aside to the mixing bowl. I like to add this a bit at a time, stirring between additions.
- Use a spoon to drop cookie dough onto the prepped pan allowing a bit of distance between cookies (about 1/2- 3/4″).
- Bake these cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they appear to be browning. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Optional- Glaze