Gluten free, diabetic and ketogenic friendly, grain free and low carb lemon cookes. They’re easy to make with only 5 ingredients and topped with a simple glaze. Gluten Free Lemon Cookies.
Fat 12 g 18%
Carbohydrates 2 g 1%
Fiber 1 g 4%
Protein 2 g
- 1/2 cup unsalted grass-fed butter , softened to room temperature (can use ghee for paleo)
- 1.5 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetner
- 1 cup almond flour , + 2 tablespoons (measured correctly with the spoon and level method)
Gluten Free Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and continue mixing until combined.
- Add vanilla, then powdered monk fruit sweetener and blanched almond flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll cookie dough into 9 balls, approximately 1.5 tablespoons of dough each or use a small cookie scoop. If the dough seems too wet, add up to 1 tablespoon of almond flou
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes or until golden on the edges. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and enjoy immediately or place in the refrigerator until set.