It’s a thick pancake that is cooked in a skillet in the oven. It gets a nice golden brown crunch from the skillet, while maintaining an amazing custard-like consistency in the middle.Gluten Free Dutch Baby Pancake.
COURSE: SIDE DISH CUISINE: BREAKFAST KEYWORD: GLUTEN FREE DUTCH BABY PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES SERVINGS: 4 SMALL SLICES CALORIES: 186 K CAL
Net Carbs: 2.5 g
Calories: 186 k cal | Carbohydrates: 6 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 16 g | Fiber: 3.5 g
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 15 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1 tbsp Butter For brushing on after cooking (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon For dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor(you can mix by hand if desired) and mix together. The only ingredients not added should be the ghee, butter and cinnamon, as those are used in future steps.
- The mixture will come out to be the consistency of a crepe batter. It should be very liquidy.
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee to a 7 inch skillet on medium-high heat. If you plan on using a skillet that is bigger/smaller than 7 inch, adjust the recipe accordingly. The size of the recipe in relation to the pan size is a key component of this dish coming out right!
- When the ghee is melted, pour in the batter. This should force the ghee to the edges of the pan and even on top of the batter in some areas. That’s ok! That’s what is supposed to happen.
- Cook on the stove top for 1 minutes and then immediately place into a 425 degree oven.
- Bake for 24 minutes. When the top/center is solid it is done. Don’t overcook it, we want it to have a custard consistency in the middle.
- Brush with melted butter and dust with cinnamon if desired. Slice and enjoy!