Can you really make a gluten-free, low-carb macaroni and cheese that tastes good? The verdict after trying this keto recipe is yes! Cauliflower, that magical vegetable, stands in for macaroni here, but it’s really the cheese and kefir that make this one stand out. Gluten Free Cauliflower Macaroni And Cheese.
TOTAL TIME 30-40 minutes
MEAL TYPE Gluten-Free, Paleo, Side Dishes & Soups
DIET TYPE Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- ½-¾ cup goat kefir
- ½ cup goat’s milk cottage cheese, pureed
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ cups grated sheep’s or goat’s milk cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 8” x 8” pan with ghee.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Spread in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together kefir, cottage cheese, and mustard until smooth.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix together the cottage cheese, kefir and mustard until smooth
- Stir in cheese, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder until cheese just starts to melt. Pour over cauliflower and stir. Top with additional cheese if desired and bake for 10–15 minutes.