In addition to being vegan and low carb, this soup is also nut free, soy free and gluten free. It’s a recipe that almost anyone can enjoy, regardless of dietary restrictions. Gluten Free Carrot Soup.
Cuisine: low carb, vegan, keto, gluten free, soy free
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: ~1 1/2 cups
Calories per serving: 152
Fat per serving: 10.7 g
Carbs per serving: 5.6 g net
Protein per serving: 4.1 g
Fiber per serving: 6.2 g
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots, ~200 g
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled kohlrabi (or cauliflower!), ~200 g
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 2 minced cloves of garlic)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence or herb blend of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat. Toss in carrots, kohlrabi, garlic and onions. Cook this for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour stock over this mixture, and continue to cook, covered, until the carrots and kolhrabi are soft.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes, add in the hemp seeds.
- Either blend with an immersion blender, or carefully pour into a blender and puree.