This low carb pound cake freezes well whole or in individual slices. Personally, I find it easier to slice the bread before freezing. That way, whenever I’m in the mood for a last minute dessert I can just take this out of the freezer. I like to let it thaw out on the counter for a couple hours. There is no need to put in the microwave. Gluten Free Avocado Pound Cake.
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:40 min
Total Time:40 min
Nutritional information calculated with erythritol, egg replacer, and white whole wheat flour.
Calories: 100 cal
Fat: 4 grams g
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1/3 cup erythritol or sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar OR erythritol plus1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Ener-g egg replacer mixed with 4 tablespoon water OR 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour OR 2/3 cup almond meal plus 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Gluten Free Glaze-Optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed avocado, erythritol or sugar, brown sugar or erythritol plus molasses, egg replacer or eggs, and vanilla extract and still until completely smooth and combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Adding to the avocado mixture and stir until completely combined. Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into slices. Devour.