Ginger is one of my favorite flavors for sure, and so it makes sense that I’m head-over-heels for these low carb, vegan, gingerbread cookies as well as gluten free. These cookies were so simple to make, and well worth it.
Each little cookie is only half a gram of net carbs, which is pretty great, in my opinion. Gingerbread Cookies.
Serving size – 2 little cookies with 1 scoop icing
Calories – 122 calories
Fat – 8.2 g
Carbs – 9.4 g
Sugar – 0.3 g
Fiber – 2.1 g
Protein – 4.0 g
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoon black strap molasses (add extra to make the dough come together, if necessary)
- Extra arrowroot starch for rolling & cutting
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, spices, salt, baking soda, and Stevia. Mix well.
- Add in the coconut oil and molasses and stir again, until a dough forms.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and freeze for a t least 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.
- OPTIONAL-Once the dough is chilled, it’s time to cut!
- Sprinkle your work surface with starch to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Roll out the dough until it’s about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Dip the cookie cutter into the starch, and start cutting out your cookies!
- I made my cookie with my hands, util I have forming the dough into a ball.
- Place directly onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or, in our case, a silicone-mat lined baking sheet)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.