Berries make awesome desserts! But you don’t want to ruin them by adding sugar. Luckily, you can use a sugar alternative to make amazing low carb and keto fruit desserts that will be enjoyed by the whole family.Fruit Pudding.
Preparation time: 2 h
Cooking time: 20 min.
Protein: 2 g / 5%
Carbs: 38 g / 95%
Fat: 0 g / 0%
- 1 lb. frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc. – use your favorite kind);
- 2 cups of freshly pressed lemon juice;
- 5 tbsp. tapioca starch;
- 4 fresh mint leaves; (optional)
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, bring the fruit and the lemon juice to a simmer for a few of minutes to then strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Place the fruit that’s left in the sieve in a separate bowl and refrigerate it.
- Pour the strained fruit juice back into the saucepan and bring it back to a simmer.
- While the mixture is simmering, combine the tapioca starch with a little bit of water and some of the fruit juice in a small bowl. Add to the saucepan, stirring it well until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into 4 serving glasses, and chill for at least two hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve with a splash of the cold cooked fruits and a fresh mint leaf.