This low carb, keto recipe is ideal for mushroom lovers. Make French a culinary recipe. Pancakes are keto, low carb and paleo. French Crepes With Mushrooms.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Calories: 217 K Cal
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces coconut cream from a can or use cream cheese if not paleo
- 1 cup sesame flour or almond flour if no nut allergy
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 pound mushrooms
- 8 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 8 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4-8 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the crepe ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a small non stick pan with butter or olive oil cooking spray to coat lightly.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to the skillet, lift off the heat while you swirl it all over the bottom of the skillet. Allow to cook 2-3 minutes.
- Once you start to see some bubbles forming in the center of the crepe and you can loosen your spatula around the edges without it ripping, you can carefully flip it over. Cook another minute on this side and simple slide it off the pan onto a baking pan or plate to cool while you make the rest. Remember watch the heat, if you start to see too much browning on the crepe you made, it will be crispy and hard to roll. Reduce the heat a bit until the next one is more pliable once cooked.
- Wash the mushrooms in a colander and dry well on a tea towel. Cut off the dried part of the stem end and then quarter each mushroom.
- Heat a 10 inch saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. When the surface of the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms. Stir the mushrooms around until they are coated with the butter or oil. (They will absorb the oil.) Cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes and then stir.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes. Turn down the heat and add the butter, wine and thyme, cooking until the thyme is fragrant.
- Remove the mushrooms from a pan and add 1-2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar. The vinegar helps balance the richness of the butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill pancakes with mushroom sauce and fold into half.