This keto bars is one of my favorites for being both easy and delicious. I first made it a few years ago as a paleo cake, using a little raw honey or maple syrup to sweeten. Delicious Keto Rhubarb Bars.
I’ve used Swerve for this version purely to get the taste closer to my original version, however you could use another preferred sweetener.
This keto bars is great for brunch served with Greek yoghurt, or with thickened cream for an afternoon snack. I use rhubarb which is a lovely tart contrast against the sweet cake, but you could use berries instead (fresh or frozen) if rhubarb isn’t in season.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Totel Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
For Keto: 4 net carbs, 16 g fat
Nutrition information will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
- 1 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Swerve, granular-For paleo raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups Swerve granular-For paleo raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar free cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- To prepare crust, combine almond flour, coconut flour, swerve, salt, and coconut oil in a bowl. Combine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- To prepare filling, In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, swerve, almond milk, heavy cream and vanilla and mix until well combined. Sprinkle lightly with Xanthin Gum and stir until well combined. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over partially baked crust and return to oven. Bake for another 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Optional-To prepare topping, in a medium mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, swerve and vanilla. Fold in sugar free whipped topping. Spread over completely cooled bars. Store in refrigerator.