This Custard Vanilla Ice Cream is keto, low carb, sugar free and gluten free dessert. Eat the good stuff and still loose weight! Custard Vanilla Ice Cream.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:15 mins
Total time:4 hrs
Calories: 336, Fat: 33 g, Saturated Fat: 19 g, Cholesterol: 374 mg, Sodium: 117 mg, Potassium: 74 mg, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 5 g, Vitamin A: 25.3%, Vitamin C: 0.4%, Calcium: 14.8%, Iron: 4.1%
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 2 tsp liquid Stevia.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean
- Combine the cream and coconut milk in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- In the mean time, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetener in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot cream/milk mixture to the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture back to the sauce pan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the custard reaches 160 F and coats the spatula. (I use a candy thermometer or this laser thermometer to check the temperature).
- Stir in the coconut oil, and vanilla beans.
- Cover and cool to room temperature.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe glass container and freeze it, stirring every 30 minutes for 2 hours.
- Freeze until firm.
You can use an ice-cream maker.