These easy Keto Bread Sticks will become a versatile snack at your home! And are the perfect dish to bring to parties.Low Carb, Keto, Paleo. Crispy Bread Sticks.
Prep: 10 minutes
Overall: 25-30 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving, 4 bread sticks)
334 k cal
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 17%, fat 78%
Total carbs 16 grams Fiber 11.9 grams Sugars 1.8 grams Saturated fat 4 grams Sodium 939 mg(41% RDA) Magnesium 176 mg(44% RDA) Potassium 476 mg(24% E M R)
Macro nutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5.4%), protein (16.5%), fat (78.1%)
(makes 5 servings, 20 bread sticks)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 3/4 packed cup flax meal (ground flaxseed) (110 g / 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husks or 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder (8 g / 0.3 oz)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, ground (15 g / 0.5 oz)
- 1 tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan)
- 1 cup water, lukewarm (240 ml / 8 fl oz) + 2-4 tbsp if the dough is too dry
- 2 large egg yolks for brushing (use water or melted ghee for egg-free)
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds (caraway, sesame, poppy seed, etc.) or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
Make sure you use kitchen scale for measuring all the dry ingredients. Using just cups may not be enough to achieve best results, especially in baked goods. Weights per cups and tablespoons may vary depending on the product/ brand or if you make you own ingredients (like flaxmeal from flaxseeds).
- Prepare the tortilla dough.
- You’ll use the same ingredients like you would to make tortillas, apart from the oil which is not needed in this recipe.
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. Divide the dough in quarters and then divide each quarter into 5 pieces. Wet your fingers in a bowl of water and roll & press the dough to form bread sticks, about 25 cm / 10 inch long.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with the egg yolks and sprinkle with seeds or / and parmesan cheese and salt. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- If you prefer a crunchier texture (more like Grissini), bake for additional 15-20 minutes on 125 °C/ 260 °F.