So, I decided to make a low carb vegan creamy broccoli soup. Who doesn’t love a good broccoli soup? Typically you see more broccoli cheddar type soup recipes out there, but in the interest of keeping this keto-friendly, I opted to leave out any dairy free cheddar substitutes and just make a tasty soup that can hold its own. Creamy Broccoli Soup.
Yield: Lots of yummy vegan soup!
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 17 g
Carbs per serving: 5 g net
Protein per serving: 4 g
Fiber per serving: 3 g
- 1 can, full-fat coconut milk (about 1.5 cups)
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Add everything to a pot on medium heat (minus salt and pepper). Cook for about a half hour, until the celery and broccoli are soft.
- Carefully transfer the soup to your heat-safe blender, and process until it reaches the smoothness desired. You could also use an immersion blender!