Keto coconut macadamia bars might just be my new favorite low carb treat. Buttery almond flour shortbread crust with a gooey sugar-free coconut and macadamia topping.Coconut Macadamia Bars.
Keyword: coconut macadamia bars, low carb, sugar-free
Servings: 16 servings
Calories: 199 k cal
Amount Per Serving (1 bar)
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19.3 g 30%
Total Carbohydrates 4.3 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g 8%
Protein 3.1 g 6%
Use raw macadamia nuts or ones that have been roasted but not salted.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (thick part from the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine almond flour, sweetener, and salt in a food processer. Pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle the butter over and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan and bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Set aside and let cool while preparing the filling.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the sweetener and the coconut cream until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut, macadamia nuts, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until well combined. Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars. The centre will not seem set but it will firm up as it cools.