What we love about this Coconut Curry Chicken is the intense flavor of the curry mixed with the subtle sweetness of the coconut cream. The chicken absorbs all the flavors, so you get hints of coconut and curry in each bite! How amazing does that sound?! Coconut Chicken Curry.
Ketogenic low carb
Net carbs: 4 % (8 g)
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 80 % (66 g)
Protein: 16 % (29 g)
k cal: 736
- 2 stalks of lemon grass
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 20 oz. chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 leek
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 14 oz. coconut cream
- Crush the rough part of the lemongrass with the broad side of a knife or a pestle.
- Cut the chicken into coarse pieces.
- Gently heat the coconut oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
- Grate the ginger and fry together with the lemongrass and curry.
- Add half of the chicken and sauté over medium heat until the strips are golden. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and fry the rest of the chicken in the same way, perhaps add a little more curry for the second batch.
- The lemon grass can remain in the pan.
- Now it’s time to slice leaks into pieces and sauté them in the same pan together with the other vegetables and finely chopped garlic. The vegetables should turn golden, but retain their crispiness.
- Add the coconut cream and chicken and let simmer for 5–10 minutes until everything is warm.