This creamy mousse satisfies with taste and real food credentials. It’s an old French delicacy and a modern low-carb treat. Chocolate Mousse.
KEYWORD: DAIRY FREE, KETO, LOW CARB, PALEO
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
CHILLING TIME: 1 HOUR
CALORIES: 346 K CAL
Paleo, Low Carb & Keto Chocolate Mousse
Amount Per Serving,Calories 346 Calories from Fat 270 % Daily Value*,Total Fat 30 g 46%
Saturated Fat 26 g 130%,Cholesterol 108 mg 36%,Sodium 36 mg 2%,Potassium 205 mg 6%,Total Carbohydrates 6 g 2%,Dietary Fiber 2.5 g 10%,Protein 3.5 g 7%,Vitamin A 25%,Vitamin C 1.2%,Calcium 6.7%,Iron 14.3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk *
- 2-4 tablespoons xylitol or sweetener of choice, to taste**
- 1-3 tablespoons cocoa powder use the smaller amount for milk chocolate and the larger for dark (I use 3!)
- pinch espresso powder or instant coffee, optional
- pinch kosher salt up to 1/8-1/4 tsp for a ‘salted’ version (my favorite!)
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream**
- Heat up coconut milk and sweetener of choice until it just begins to simmer. Mix it up very well with the cocoa, espresso and salt in a small bowl and allow to cool completely (you can do a water bath to speed up the process!).
- Add heavy whipping cream (or chilled coconut cream) to a chilled bowl and whip until relatively stiff peaks form. Blend in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a serving glass and enjoy right away. Or hold your horses and chill the mousse for a more set version (my favorite!).