My absolute favorite way to eat this keto-friendly hazelnut spread is with low carb pancakes!The perfect breakfast does exist! Chocolate Hazelnut Spread.
Ketogenic low carb
Net carbs: 3 % (2 g)
Fiber: 3 g
Fat: 91 % (28 g)
Protein: 6 % (4 g)
k cal: 271
- 5 oz. hazelnuts
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 oz. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp erythritol (optional)
- Roast the hazelnuts in a dry and hot frying pan until they turn a nice golden color. Pay very close attention – the nuts will burn easily. Let cool a little.
- Place the nuts in a clean kitchen towel and rub so that some of the shells come off. The shells which are still stuck can stay there.
- Place the nuts with all remaining ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- The longer you mix, the smoother the spread.