A low carb lasagna featuring cauliflower, spinach, and meatza noodles. The pasta noodles in this dish have been replaced with pre-baked seasoned ground beef. Cauliflower Lasagna With Spinach.
Course Main Course
Cuisine American, Italian
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 12 squares
Calories 401 k cal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 15 ounces canned cauliflower puree
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or half almond milk half heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash ground nutmeg
- 15 ounces whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- Prepared Meatza
- Beat the eggs with the parmesan cheese and all seasonings. Add the ground beef and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture out onto a jelly roll pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes in a 450°F oven.
- Drain off any grease after removing from the oven. Slice into rectangular pieces to fit into lasagna pan.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add spinach and stir until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Combine cauliflower, almond milk, sage, salt, pepper and nutmeg in bowl.
- Spread ½ cup cauliflower sauce onto bottom of 9×13 baking pan. Top with half of the cut up meatza.
- Spread ½ of the remaining cauliflower sauce on top of the meatza layer then cover with spinach. Top with half of the ricotta, half of the mozzarella, and half of the parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 °F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.